This year, Natalee has been learning a variety of poems and songs in school as memorization project. I have enjoyed many of them. This week's songs were great, one is a take off on Down by the Boardwalk, called Down in the Backpack and the writer definitely knows kids. I suspect he has a few himself. The next one is in honor of Dr. King and his famous speech.
Here is Down in the Backpack
Here are the lyrics for Free at Last - sung to "This old man"
This young man had a dream;
In his eye he had a gleam.
We must love each other to survive;
Let us keep his dream alive.
He believed man was good;
He had dreams of brotherhood.
We must love each other to survive;
Let us keep his dream alive.
All join hands, let us sing;
Let the bells of freedom ring.
We must love each other to survive;
Let us keep his dream alive.
We can learn from the past;
Then we'll all be "Free at Last!!"
We must love each other to survive;
Let us keep his dream alive.

1 comment:
I think Griffin's favorite thing each week is showing us his poetry folder on fridays. I love that they love it!
Post a Comment