We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, September 30, 2011

Walk-a-thon for school

She ran as much as she walked for the walk-a-thon.

Today was Natalee's fundraiser for her school. They run a walk-a-thon which I love 10 times better than her selling cookies, candy, wrapping paper, what not. It helps the kids take ownership in the fundraiser, encourages healthy habits and choices, not to mention it's a ton of fun. I volunteered today at the fundraiser and I had a blast. Her class was one of the first ones to walk, 8 laps is one mile - she walked 11!!  What a trooper, she also ran about half of that 11 laps. Man she runs like the wind, it's so much fun to watch her. The adults cheered on the kids, stamped their hands as they ran/walked by - so we can all keep track of how many laps they ran/walk. After their 20 minute time limit they broke for water, oranges and banana's. The adults were served bagels and coffee. mmmm mmm good. I'll supply pictures later.

1 comment:

Allison said...

The walk a thon is one of my best childhood memories! Wtg nat!