We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, November 05, 2011

School Play Date

Last night Natalee's school had a play date. It was so much fun. They served a pasta dinner with salad, bread and lemonade. Followed by dessert at one of the mini sessions. The kid's had their rotation of activities: bounce house obstacle course, dance wii, and art. The adults had a choice of Zumba or African drumming, art and special presentation of the Peeler way, we also got dessert at that session. Dave and I really enjoyed the drumming. Boy how I have missed drumming, I just haven't found a drumming circle since I left South Bend 5 years ago. After the drumming we had an opportunity to help paint ceiling tiles for the entrance of the school, violin teacher's room and outside the keyboard teacher's room. We were recreating paintings of the masters, a Van Gogh, Monet and Matisse. I can't wait to see how it looks when the tiles go back up. The final session was put on by Natalee's teacher and it was about the Peeler way, which is based on respect, empathy and logical consequences. I must say and Dave will agree her school is a pleasant place, all the kid's look out for each other, treat each other with respect and the adults. We also see the adults treat the children with respect too. We ended that session by learning how to work together by passing a hula hoop around the circle while we were holding hands without breaking the chain. Fun times!! We will definitely go to the next play date at school.

No comments: