We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

President Obama was here

So in case you didn't hear the news President Obama was here in Greensboro, Monday night and Tuesday morning. In fact he stayed at the Proximity Hotel, a green hotel, just 5 minutes from my house. However when President Obama comes into town he really messes with our easy lives. On Monday night I was trying to get Natalee to soccer practice, I pulled out of my neighborhood only to see a unmarked car with it's lights on - I thought hmm that is odd. But didn't think much of it. I had planned on taking Bryan Blvd, glanced down and saw a major traffic jam and also noticed the blue lights of an unmarked police car in my rear view mirror. OK, I decided to take a different route. Then comes Tuesday morning, I am glad Natalee actually got up on time and was cooperative in the morning routine. I didn't notice anything unusual coming out of my neighborhood except when I went to merge onto to Wendover - lardy more unmarked cars with lights on and there I saw it, the big bus, the police tap, the command vehicle, OK he definitely stayed at the Proximity. (note we didn't think they would actually give the right hotel where he was staying, guess wrong).  So after dropping Natalee off at school, I made a bee line for the gym, taking Bryan Blvd. I saw the same unmarked cars on Wendover and traffic merged nicely onto Bryan Blvd. Nobody was going north for all intent purposes, however traffic south was jammed, unmarked and marked cars with lights on every 25-50 feet. The road I take to get onto Bryan Blvd for school was closed. Talk about a close call, we would have definitely been late to school if Natalee was normal slow self.

Yes it must be nice to be the President. - :o) You know, this is the closest I have ever been to the President - even thought I didn't see him.

No comments: