We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Edible Schoolyard Gardens

Greensboro Children's Museum is the only Children's Museum with an Edible Schoolyard Garden, they will be celebrating their first birthday May 20th. Today I completed my volunteer orientation to become a docent at the gardens. I am so excited to be a part of this. For those who are not aware of the Edible Schoolyard Gardens it is a program by Chez Panisse Foundation and was started by Alice Waters, chef and author. There are only four other locations that have edible schoolyard gardens, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York and New Orleans. These gardens are teaching tools to show children and adults how little space you need to grow your own vegetables, fruits, herbs, flowers and raise chickens. Included in this program is preparation of the freshly grown food and produce. I can't wait to start volunteering.

No comments: