We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We are in and almost out

Yes you read that right. Yesterday the moving van showed up with our household goods that have been in storage since the end of July.  It was a long day - they showed up around 8:30 AM, the driver left the truck at the bottom of the hill waiting to see where he need to go with it and to see the lay of the land. We live in a cul-de-sac at the top of a hill. Talk about a fun time driving this in the winter with the ice.  The team that off load us was great. They had heard about our drop shipment, and took extra care with our goods. I am amazed at the skilz these guys have. How they lift the boxes and carry them into the house.  It was a treat to watch them. Because of the moving package we got, they unpacked out high value goods. We only had one broken item, the dish that Aunt Naomi gave us for our wedding. We loved that serving platter. We have full replacement value but it's still disappointing.  So the total count so far of the broken/damage items:  small cast iron skillet, pampered chef bar stoneware pan, stain glass window, coffee maker, computer monitor stand, serving platter and maybe a light. Still looking at that one. So far we have the kitchen about 85% unpacked. We even tried out the oven tonight - mind you it was only for chicken tenders but still it's quite the machine.

Nat's room is 85% unpacked but not put away but then I don't think we could really tell from before. She loves to play in her room and put stuff everywhere. I think I see a purging of toys soon, maybe god forbid books. ooooh, gasp I can't believe I said that.

Our bedroom is sleep able but we need to unpack some boxes and put away the clothes we had at the apartment.

As we do this move, I am reminded of our last move to Cleveland. My folks came and helped, in fact my folks have helped with just about every move we/I have made. I appreciated it at the time, but this week we are really appreciating the help they gave us. I know my mom is looking down on us and giving us moral support.

Tomorrow - we just have to go back to the apartment and clean the kitchen and bathrooms. Then move Goldy, the goldfish here. And finish unpacking boxes, sigh . . . . this too shall end.

No comments: