Thursday, October 28, 2010
Sears sucks at customer service
I never thought I would resolve to writing about a horrific shopping experience, but it seems like the only way to get something resolved. We purchased a Brand new Bosch HE dryer from Sears this month. We had it delivered on 10/10/10 - it worked for about 10 days. Then stopped working!! That is ridiculous, I called the number on the manual and they told me to call one of three service companies - what?? I said it is a brand new dryer and still under warranty - they said just show the paper work to the serviceman. Well he showed up yesterday, checked out our dryer and made the diagnosis that we had a bad control board. It would take 3-5 days to get the part in then we'd have to book an appointment. But it's a brand new dryer, we should really get a new dryer. So yesterday I attempted to call Sears. I kept getting the voicemail avoidance. I would push a button to speak to a real person - get voicemail and be told that mailbox was full. Over and over again. Finally Dave tried and after a multitude of phone calls got someone - they finally agreed to replace the dryer - then the phone call was dropped. So in the end he had to go down to Sears to talk someone personally. The Sears sales rep totally understood our problem, he called Corporate and got us a new dryer but we would need to PAY yes pay to have the gas hooked up again!!! WHAT???!! Are you kidding Sears you sold us a bum product and now want US to PAY for the gas hook up. You want us to pay $200 for someone to do 10 minutes worth of work. The plumber who did the gas drop for us and the first hook up was ASTONISH that they would charge $200 for something they would charge a service call for only $49!!! What a rip off!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment