We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Natalee's first day of Kindergarten. My oh my has time flew by. I remember it being just yesterday that we moved into our new house in Westlake OH and celebrated her 1st birthday just days later. Here we are 4 years later, in a new town, starting an new life and another chapter in my girl's life. This week she only goes for a half day with the rest of the new students to the class. Next week they do full days with the remainder of the class. Not sure if I mentioned this before - but she is in a Spanish immersion class - where one teacher speaks Spanish all the time and the other teacher starts out the year speaking English but finishes the year speaking Spanish.

After I dropped her off today I had mixed emotions - I was so proud of her and also a bit sad that my girl is growing up and will be at school all day. Yes, I know this too shall pass. But man is it passing by fast.

Today I attempted to take a first day of school picture, please excuse the quality. The camera was inside the house where is was a comfy 75 degrees with minimal humidity, while outside was 80 degrees and 92% humidity. So my poor camera kept fogging up. Maybe I'll take more pictures next week on her first full week at GMS.


1 comment:

Shutterbug said...

so proud of our girl!