So last night was my turn to put Natalee to bed. After we read a book and turned the light off. Natalee starting talking about names. Why certain kid's had certain names, was her name Natalee when she was born. That she wanted a princess name, like Sarah, Emily, Danya or some such name. Which got me thinking, I was never satisfied with my name as a child. I wants something strong, unique, different. At one point I wanted to be called Mickey. So as the old adage goes we are never satisfied with our birth names.
1 comment:
If I am ever so blessed as to have a daughter of my own, her middle name will be Grace. I remember the days you wanted to be called Mickey and as a child I wondered why (I know some of the story now). Everybody knew and loved you as Mary Grace, and you were my idol. Now you are so much more than cousin and idol, you are my dear, dear friend. Tell Natalee that Grace sounds like a beautiful princess name to me!
Post a Comment