We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Natalee's tooth fairy visit

Today Natalee had the surgery to repair her umbilical hernia. We had very little hitches - a bit of anxiety about going in to get it fixed - which is normal for almost anyone.  She refused to take the oral relaxant so I eventually agreed to try the nasal one.  They told me she wouldn't remember receiving it in her nose or anything else about the anxiety.  I SHOULD know better, but I agreed - it did help her and she wasn't really anxious about going in. I held her on the gurney and while they put her to sleep.  They had warned me that her lose tooth might have to be removed because they were afraid the might knock it in when they intubate her.  Well the tooth fairy pays really well when they visit  a child in the OR. She got $2.35 from the tooth fairy and a handwritten note, so cool. She thinks that is neat.  So does mamma.  As for not remembering getting the medication before surgery - she REMEMBERS and is upset that they put stuff in her nose that hurt. :o(  Momma feels a bit bad in contributing to the experience, but on the other hand she wasn't as scared as she was last year going into the OR. So I guess I need to look at the cost benefits. I just wish they would say she might remember instead of saying it has an amnesia effect and she wouldn't remember.

As for her incision - it's sore, she is walking around like an old man. But I hear in a few days it will be hard to keep her quiet. She can't do any biking, running, climbing, rough housing for 3 weeks. She can't swim for 2 weeks.  I guess she has it better than a friend of hers from swimming that had the same surgery last month - she couldn't do any normal activity for 6 weeks. YIKES - that is torture on the momma. 



No comments: