Tonight I sit in a hotel common area in cold northern Wisconsin - probably around 5 degrees outside. However I have discovered dry cold is warmer than damp cold. Yea, yea, you say how can it be. I don't know but it is not bothering Dave or I like it does in NEO. At anyrate - tomorrow is the graveside service for my mom. It still seems surreal to me. I know it will take time for it to sink it. And that I will still want to grab the phone and want to share something with my mom, or just talk or vent or brainstorm to solve a problem. Now I will need to find another way.
Today Bill finished up the arrangements for the service. And as par to course with this family they couldn't find the plot. Which is kinda of funny since the head stones are already there. The church had the map mixed up we discovered after my brother and the gravedigger went looking for the plot. This happened when my Aunt was buried too. So it just seems to add to the story of our family.
Today we took a drive past my family's old lake place. It looked so beautiful and peaceful in the winter snow. Mom's bench in the woods was still there. The back side of the outhouse still have the sunflowers I painted on it 10 years ago. The lake was frozen over with numerous ice fishing huts. We took Nat for a walk on the ice which she loved. Then on the way back to the hotel we stopped at the Elk Farm to look at the Elk. She just loved that and giggled happily at the energetic golden Labrador that came charging out of the garage. We are in trouble she really wants a black lab. Which I would love and so would Dave. So that maybe out next challenge this spring. We will wait and see once the dust settles.
As I digest this journey I will share with you all how it went. Peace and blessings on a bitter cold Wisconsin night.

No comments:
Post a Comment