We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Just some interesting occurences

the last few days. Not sure how much you may think of people speaking to you through the unexplained. But I like to think that things happen for a reason. The last few days starting on Sunday this is what has happened to me.

Sunday - I order a latte at the Starbucks kiosk at the clinic and purchase a dark chocolate bar in hopes that the smell of chocolate might wake my mom. Yea, I know it was a outside chance but sometimes you just need to try. Well the barista made my drink and called out tall mocha --- I started to walk away then realized what she called out and went back and asked her again if that is what she said --- answer yes. hmmm I didn't order a mocha I don't drink mocha's -- she replied yes that is what you ordered but if you want something else I'll fix it. In the end I got my latte but can't help thinking my mother was talking to me - mocha's are her favorite drink from Starbucks.

Monday - I woke up with a song running through my head - over and over - like what Germans call an ear worm. I finally was able to figure out some of the lyrics still can't figure out the song -- but it keep referring to a star - like make me a star or something to that effect. I can't help thinking that was my mom talking to me - because it night before going off to sleep I would pray and ask her to help me figure out what direction this was going. To let me know.

Tuesday - my brother and I took down two different cars. He and my father arrived before I did. We planned on meeting up at ICU. On my walk to the elevators - actually just after entering the clinic main lobby I looked down and low and behold I see a shiny new penny - head side up. It's Cathy my sister talking to me. I know this because every time I am at a hard spot in my life since her passing I find a penny. I picked it up and said Cathy are you here to take mom home? The answer is yes - my mother passed away that day.

Today - Wednesday - the first day of sunshine, no slushy snowy roads since my mother went into the hospital 14 days ago. It was snowing the day she went in and snowed every day since or was cold and cloud cover. My mom was rejoicing today - being out of discomfort and free.

No comments: