Hard to believe this recent journey began 3 weeks ago. It seems almost a life time ago. I went from being a daughter to being a matriarch of a family. Wow, it's amazing how fast that happens. It's like I blinked and the last thing I remember was being a 20 something, then I blink again and I'm caring for parents. Now my mother is gone. Now the house is soooo quiet. It feels funny to me. I don't think Natalee has noticed yet. But we shall see. On top of all the recent turmoil, we come back from our journey to put my mother to rest only to find we have a leak in a roof line, at least that is what we suspect. The kitchen ceiling has water marks - now we must figure out where it came from. Is it a result of the new addition or just bad luck with all the snow we have received. Not sure but stay tuned and I'll let you know.
Now I have a mountain of laundry to do, a house to put back in order and accounts to settle. In addition to observing preschools for this upcoming fall. Many of the ones we were interested in had open houses and registration this month. Luckily I did get Nat's name in one preschool. But I want to visit the other two before we make a final decision. Funny thing about this task is I was enjoying filling my mom in on the schools and she so enjoyed hearing about them and our views on schooling. For now I just talk to her like she is there and I think some people think I maybe nuts - but then again maybe I am.

No comments:
Post a Comment