I've been thinking about the last few weeks and blogging about it. Turning over titles in my mind. This one came to mind, we haven't exactly been to four weddings and one funeral. But we've experience something similar. The week before we left Maximus Moose our cat died, which you already know, we didn't get his ashes until the day before we left on vacation for the wedding of Dave's nephew. We had a wonderful whirl wind trip doing 5 cities in 10 days. One of those cities was just an over night stay to get to Rockford but I still think it counts. The wedding was lovely, we all enjoyed ourselves. Natalee had the best time with her cousin Elle. They had 2 sleep overs - which for a 5 and 6 year was the BOMB!!! They actually did pretty good. Then we went onto South Bend to visit friends we haven't seen in about 2 years. It's always great to see good friends. After that is was back to Cleveland. Wow that was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed the visit and we all thought it was too short of a time there. So we are talking of going back another time so Natalee can have time with her buddies in Westlake - namely her neighbor bud's. So after we returned from our trip we had a funeral for Maximus.
Another unexpected event that occurred on the day we returned from our trip. My father fell and broke his hip. So the last few weeks have been a bit exhausting between trips to the hospital and carrying on the rest of life's requirements. While in the hospital my father got sick with pneumonia. He fought that back to get well enough for the hip surgery. Unfortunately the dementia seems to have really taken hold. I hope some day we'll get a glimpse of our real dad. But I know that it's a slim chance. So that takes us up to today. Which is the day that my brother and I will go looking for a home for dad to rehab from his hip and maybe get back to his baseline before all this happen. At this point I'm not sure what is best. But I want what is best for him. I want him to be out of pain, which I think he is. It would be nice if he ate, but I understand also that the body stops wanting food when it is getting ready to leave this world.

No comments:
Post a Comment