We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Grief

It's really odd how I've been thinking a lot about grief. About how it affects us, namely me. How it changes us in subtle ways and not so subtle ways. Grief takes so long to process, it can make us cranky, sensitive, and also to be not so understanding. I'm not just talking about the grief one feels from the death of a loved one or one's precious pet. It can also mean grieving the loss of community, loss of home, friends, relationships, how those relationships change as a result of a move, or change in family structure. I know for myself after the death of my sister and Dave losing his job, we moved - it was hard and I missed my support structure. I find it odd that a year after the loss of my mother we moved yet again and here I am missing my wonderful support structure that I worked how to develop back in Northeast Ohio. Again I am working on a support structure but I just don't have quite the energy or zest to put into it as I have before. Maybe this summer will help pump me up.

The reason I say odd, is that today we lost our precious cat, Maximus Moose. I'm sure we'll feel his loss for a long time.

No comments: