Thursday, March 24, 2011
An Odd Commonality
Here I think of my friend, Stacy and my sister Cathy. I find it very sad, a tad ironic, that both of my attendants in our wedding, both passed away from Cancer. My, sister Cathy, had colo-rectal cancer and my friend Stacy had ovarian cancer. Both of these cancers are silent cancers. My sister's might have been caught sooner if she had the colonoscopy she had scheduled shortly after her 50th birthday but had to cancel due to an insurance snafu. But we'll never know. Both of these lovely, sweet and generous women were in their early fifties when they passed. My sister was just 51 and my friend was just 53, so young to die. They still had/have adolescent children to impress and raise. I am left wondering - why? I am left wondering if it's our environment, the stress of our lives, lack of appropriate support from family and friends that causes such a wicked disease. Is it the grief of loss that causes this to occur? I am just left wondering and wishing I could have said good-bye to both of them in person before they crossed over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment