Tuesday, March 08, 2011
Making friends . . .
can sometimes be really hard for both big people and little people. The last week or so we had a really good run or things to do, we had 2 Fridays that we spent the day or evening playing with friends, or we had a play date. Then Natalee had her first soccer game and did FANTASTIC - pictures to follow later and had one practice but then things came crashing down today. She was so sad and upset she had no one to play with after school. She was lonely - her words. Man I so understand that - having moved more times in my life that I thought I would. Making and keeping friends is hard in this transient society we live in. Plus the fact that people are so busy with their lives of working, keeping house and home, children that no one has time to nurture relationships. I again took up the battle cry and sent out emails to drum up play dates - man it's work. I so miss the ease of telling her to go down the street to play with so and so or having her ask if she can go over to Reagan's house, Nora's house, Drew's house, or Bella's. I miss having mommy friends who I can compare notes with or bounce idea's off of when I am struggling with something that is going on in my life or my daughter's life. And yes, I know this will change in time. It's just hard sometimes waiting for it all to click.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
All:
Here's to during the sad times, you remember that good times with friends laughing and playing . . .
We're still with you as kindered spirits.
Post a Comment