Tonight I had the wonderful opportunity to listen to Rosalind Wiseman, author of Queen Bees and Wannabees, Queen Bee Moms and King Pin Dads, Boys, Girls, and Other Hazardous Materials, just to mention a few of her books. She talks about the social jungle that is out there, that our children will encounter. This social jungle begins in Kindergarten, much to my surprise. Because I was shocked earlier this year when I discovered cliques start as early as Kindergarten, yes KINDERGARTEN!!! Can you believe that?
As I sit here trying to recap tonight I am an so overwhelmed with information that I can't put my thoughts together. However I will say I learned a tactic she calls SEAL - which for life of me I can't remember what all the letters stand for but I do remember the last one is for Lock it in - But the acronym is used for helping to solve problematic situations. When I remember more I will come back and share it. But for now I need to read the book. Off to look for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment