We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, November 29, 2010

Like Uncle, Like Niece

I am sure you have heard the story of Like Father, Like Son. Well Natalee today pulled an Uncle Bill, but without the prompting of a grandfather. At school today she shoved a piece of hard corn up her nose. I found this out at a play date this afternoon. I asked her why didn't you tell your teacher, her reply a standard 5 year old reply - "I don't know". My reply, "Next time if you do something like this or something happens tell your teacher, BUT don't do it again!" - her response "OK"

So now my thoughts our OMG, we don't have a doctor here yet. Man I hope I can get this out. She says - "Mom you need a tweezers".  So I look up her nose and can see the corn. I tell her to plug the other nostril and blow hard. What does she do, short snuffs and burst - I was like - no, eeekk - I don't want that to go up further - although that dialogue was in my head. Next attempt I said blow hard like this. She did and out it popped!! Weee - we dodge a bullet there.

Now, seriously we need to get a family doctor.  I just wish they would do Meet and Great visits here, but no, every office we call only do well visits. So I get charged $30 an appointment to see if it's a doctor I want to use for my family. Ah, the joy of American medicine. . . . So multiple that times 3 doctors and I get to pay $100 to make a decision. What a racket!!

No comments: