I am really beginning to think we need to rename Bronco - Houdini. He regularly escapes and sometimes several times in one day. I can usually go to the front dog and yell his name and whistle and he will come back. But sometimes he doesn't. Then there are the times the neighbors return him - and we feel a bit embarrassed. When we first moved here and the door bell would ring at 7/7:30 am I thought - Oh NO what happened!!! Now it's like damn dog!! We have got one quote on a new fence for the section he keeps escaping from but we haven't been able to get any other contractors out here. Business must be good for them.
However Bronco escaped today while I was blowing the leaves. I didn't even notice but realized that I need to go get tickets for Disney on Ice this weekend. I run inside get my wallet - then yell for Bronco out back - only to get no response. So I go to the front door and yell, NO RESPONSE AGAIN!!! DAMN!!!!! So I run back in lock and close the back door, grab the leash and run out the front door closing it behind me. I head to the car - thinking I"m going to have to cruise the neighborhood - - only then I realized I don't have my keys, I don't have an extra, Dave is out of town. I am locked out!!! Ugh, I tried to break in, and couldn't. Nice to know that the windows in the back door can't be broken. Thinking I am going to have to call a lock smith I head to the neighbors to get a phone book - very little juice on my phone. I had a flash thought while asking my neighbor for a phone book any chance you have a key to our house. She said no, she returned it to the previous owners. Dang it. So in she went for the phone book. Decides on a whim to just check, yes she had a key with the previous owners name on it. Might it work. I run back over to our house and YES the key work!! So I am very thankful for small blessings. Needless to say I went out this afternoon had 3 keys made, 2 for 2 other neighbors and one for my brother. Hopefully I wouldn't need to use it again.

No comments:
Post a Comment