We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

a big sigh. . . . .

Yes, we finally made it down to Greensboro, North Carolina. It is official - we are now Tar Heels!! Wow so far in my life I have been a Buffalo girl, an Illini, Badger, Rotterdamer, Hoosier, Buckeye and now a Tar Heel, whew that is exhausting to think of. At any rate the mad dash to get down here was exhausting, we came back from our last house hunting trip mid-July with a contract on our house for a cash deal, which  is VERY good in this poor real estate market. So we adjust our plans of just moving clothing and a few personal items down here to moving lock stock and barrel - majority of our goods have been put into storage  with the exception of a few items we wanted for the apartment. Just this week we got delivery of the few boxes for the apartment. In mover speak - it's called a drop box, well I think they literally dropped the boxes. They broke our stainless steel coffee carafe for the coffee maker, my grandmother's small enamel cast iron pan ( I use it to fry my egg in the morning) my favorite Pampered Chef bar pan, the stain glass window that my folks gave me my senior year in High School ( the artist was our neighbor - Walt Kennedy) and now I think they have damaged our desk top computer. The monitor can not stand up without assistance. We have not hooked it up entirely - I am a bit afraid of what we will find out. Not to mention how bad the rest of our belongings will fair. I can not say how disappointed we are with United Van Lines, we have moved professionally about 3 times, 2 with United Van Lines and once with Crown World Wide Movers ( a Dutch firm). I can say hands down Crown Movers are the best, nothing was lost of broken. So far United Van Lines have managed to break something of ours each move.

No comments: