We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Give me an old fashion map, please

Okay one of the must have devices we decided we needed to have when we move to North Carolina was a  navigational device.  We got a really good recommendation on a Garmin from some good family friends. (Thanks Jared) Well Dave has had some problems with the Garmin going out on him, i.e. black screen, and losing reception.  Well today I got to try out the device. Which I was excited to do, since for some reason North Carolina has always given me troubles, I have a great sense of direction.  Well the few hours I had it, I kept losing reception, so I kept getting turned around.  It would tell me to turn on a street that didn't have an access from the direction I was coming, etc, etc. On top of all this I lost all cell phone reception too. I could make a call or use my cell as a back-up GPS device.  Finally I got cell reception, call Dave to complain that I am navigational device challenged and want a good old fashion map. Upon getting the map and reading it - I got home in about 10 minutes. YAY!!!! for maps

No comments: