Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Clay Vessels
This evening I took part in a Hospice Healing Arts workshop, it's called Clay Vessels. We created out own vessels (bowls) out of clay. We then decorated the clay in whatever way we decided. The clay will dry and next week we will meet again to paint, draw, or whatever our hearts desire to finish decorating the vessels. My vessel I created in honor of my mother. The center has her initials, PNB, surrounded by tiny hearts, impressions of shells and flowers. Then the very edge is covered in snowflakes - to honor her time struggling on this earth in January and when she passed. The outside has peace in two places because she is now at peace, the date, and stars and heart. The stars remind me of the song that was running through my head when I woke up the day before she passed. The song was "make me a star, make me a star....." SO now my mother is a loving wonderful star looking down upon all of us. I miss ya mom. The vessel when completed will bring me found memories of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HUG!!!!
Love you... see you soon!
Post a Comment