Wednesday, January 07, 2009
Here we go again.....
So today I came home from swimming with Nat and found my mom - VERY ill. She didn't feel that well before we went but she was still walking and fixing her own breakfast - albeit a bit cold but she didn't have on 2 polar tech's which is the norm for her. Well when I came home - she had the space heater on full blast - unlike her, she was white as a ghost, burning up - 103 fever -- after a few calls to the doc and some thought when she could sit up I called the EMT's. Westlake EMT service can't take patients to the downtown Clinic hospital so I had to choose between St. John's, Fairview and Lakewood; the later two are Clinic hospitals - so I choose Lakewood which is right of 90 an easy transfer to the downtown hospital. After getting Nat into daycare - my dad and I drove to the hospital where it was confirmed that she did have pneumonia again. Just to let you know how fast it came on - when the squad as at my house she could walk - slowly but walk to the gurney with the EMT's spotting her. After a few hours she couldn't stand or hold up her head. She did finally get a bed in the downtown hospital -- she let's hope they figure out quickly what type of pneumonia this is and get the right antibiotic for it. If you will say a few prayers, send healing thoughts, energy. Whatever you may. (oh just an FYI - yesterday she was still climbing stairs and doing laundry)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment