We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My b-day celebration

Tonight I finally got out to celebrate my birthday with my dear sweet hubby. We got our lovely sitter to come to put Nat down and stay till she was out. Although Nat was extra tired and cranky -- it was a little bit hard to go. But Ali is a great sitter and she did well. Love her!!

So I finally decided I wanted some good ol-fashion enthic food. We went out for Thai food in Lakewood at the Thai Kitchen on Madison Ave, it was stupendous. The place was small and quaint but the food was OMG delish. I haven't tasted spring rolls like that in over 3 years - since leaving Indiana. We had a fantastic meal of spring rolls, shrimp chips, chicken saute, coconut soup, shrimp in a claypot and flat noodles -- mmm mmmm good. We had to bring in our wine but the food was worth it. The staff/owners were not to far off the boat. Luckily we had enough cash on us to pay for the meal. We went out without thinking that a place like this would only be cash. So after our meal we went looking for dessert. I have heard alot about Bella Dubbys -- we stopped there only to find out they didn't have any desserts left. Then it was on to the Wine Bar in Rocky River. What a treat that place was. I had a port with sticky pudding - OMG the pudding was to die for. Dave just had a nice wine from Plungerhead. We both followed that up with a nice cappucino - doesn't rate to Phoenix but it was a good restaurant cappucino. We checked out there dinner menu and brunch. Definately worth another visit.

No comments: