Well my mom is still in the hospital. she had a bronchioscope on Friday. So now she is on more antibiotics for a bug that she has. Hopefully the doctors will have a plan today to treat her vasculitis and she'll be discharged.
Over the past few days - I have cleaned out and packed up their apartment with the help of my dad and Dave. I finished last night but didn't turn in the keys because I left one of the mailbox keys home - so I need to do that today. Also need to see how I can fit the rest of the food I brought home from their refrigerator into our refrigerator.
On Saturday I participated in the North Coast Challenge with a friend a her family. Her husband, brother and his girlfriend ran the 5 miles, we walked the 3.4 miles pushing strollers. Note we walked from her house to the race so in all I think I walked over 6 miles on Saturday morning. Am feeling it a bit today. But enjoyed it. I miss competing. Maybe I'll find a sport soon to compete in again.
Yesterday before we visited my mom in the hospital we went to see the tall ships at the Port of Cleveland Fest. What fun. Natalee really liked the ships so much so that she hated her the planes from the airshow - the noise hurts her ears - that she insisted on staying in line so we could get on the ship. What a trooper.

2 comments:
wow mary, im real sorry to hear about all the parental issues... it can be tough... keep your energy and thoughts positive! we will light a candle for you & yours... we are sending our healing energies in your direction...
...we love hearing about nat... what a cutie she is... the tantrums, and moodiness -- they can't beat those wonderful little things (like that green tongue!)
focus... center... breathe...
peace,
heather & the fam
Honey, you just can't seem to get a break! Please, please, please remember to take care of YOU, too. Caregivers can only operate in "cope mode" for so long before suffering ill effects themselves.
You know your 365 list? Can you tweak it a bit to include doing something for yourself every day? Even if it's just closing a door to be alone for five minutes. It sounds like you're already doing a good job of eating well, spending time with friends, etc.
Love you, Sweetie. Candles lit and restful energy being sent your way.
Post a Comment