I am sad or glum maybe a better word for it. Still trying to figure everything out in my head. I miss my Dad, or shall I say the man he use to be. The man he is becoming is a different man to me. I need to learn to appreciate this new man. I just hope this man he is becoming is not to hard on my Mom. As she will be the main party -- she'll be doing all the driving, cooking (like that is new), paying the bills, handling all the finances, all the travel arrangements, doctor visits, all of it. As she and he head off for Florida again in a week and half.
I am hoping that it is the medication that is causing my father to loose his memory and not the big A. As it is looking to be. I need to get a handle on this so that I can be more present for my daughter ---
Just light some candles for my folks....and our family. I know this too shall pass but.....

1 comment:
Hik:
"May your day be touched
by a bit of Irish luck,
brightened by a song in your heart,
and warmed by the smiles
of the people you love."
Hope this Irish blessing helps you as you begin your reflection and sort things out. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
P
Post a Comment