okay - my dd is only 3 and I have gone through a ton of sitters and this is getting frustrating. It's not that I don't like my sitters - the exact opposite - it's just that they are available to sit for such a short time in their careers - or they want a horrendous amount of money - like $10 per hour. Com'on now if I got a job at 16 I wouldn't be making $10 an hour. It seems like the same thing is happening again. I have this great little sitter that I like alot - she is just entering high school and the last five - six months I have not been able to get her for a job. Luckily now her little sister is available but she is a tad young - a great mother's helper and for short nearby jobs - like my yoga class or something such as that. I have been thinking of maybe starting an organization for teenage sitters ones that actually would like to work a fair amount of time and see if we can place them like a temp organization. Yeah - I know alot of logistic's and legalities. But it's just a wonderful idea. In the mean time I need to start finding a sitter again so we can go out with friends for a dinner or just to celebrate important occasions or ourselves....... dare I go into the --- I remember when I was a teen - sitting was an important job that gave me alot of spending cash. I would probably do one weekend night a week. Not two that's obvious cause a teen has to have a social life. (wink)
sigh......

No comments:
Post a Comment