Today we took a trip with my ECPTA - to see the fall foliage in Cuyahoga Valley. My oh my how beautiful it was. I didn't realize the route we were going on would take us through the ski resort where Dave, I and Michelle went snowboarding this past winter. I thought the country side was beautiful in the winter - WOW even more so now. Unfortunately because we had such a hot summer the leaves had not really change much or to pretty colors. But the trip was still alot of fun. They had Rangers on the train that were carrying around Beaver and Racoon pelts for the children to see - these animals were not capture but found dead so they had them skinned to use for educational purposes.
This RR has many different trips throughout the year so I think we may take another one this year - maybe the Polar Express or Grapevine Express. We can also bring our bikes down there - ride the trail to Pennisula and take the train back up to Independence for only $2 per person. Sounds like a fun summer excursion.

No comments:
Post a Comment