We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 03, 2011

Girl Scouts & Candlefest

Natalee is in Daisy's the first level of Girl Scouts and she is just loving it so far. Note we have only had one meeting to date, but today was her first service project - her troop filled paper bags with sand for luminaries   for Candlefest - a project that the Girls Scouts in Greensboro do to help Greensboro Urban Ministeries. The y line many of the pathways with luminaries, serve hot chocolate, smore's, hot dogs, hot apple cider, musicians perform holiday music and there is a horse and carriage ride. They only ask that you bring a can good to donate or a few bucks into the collection box. I must say it is well worth whatever one decides to donate and I think we got more in return that what we gave. I also forgot to mention you can visit Santa Claus there too.









No comments: