We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

We got the letter

So the waiting is over, we received the letter for Natalee for the magnet school application we put in over a month ago. We applied to Peeler Open and Performing Arts school and Washington Montessori school. We got our first choice - which was Peeler. I am doing a happy dance and I am also a bit scared. This parenting gig is always filled with mixed emotions. On one hand, I think Peeler is a great fit for Natalee, it's an open school environment with mixed age classrooms, meaning K-1, 2-3 and 4-5 are grouped together. They receive 14 weeks, everyday, of visual arts, dance and music/choir, additionally they are required to take either violin or piano. They also have a great school garden and a very active PTA - with monthly school activities.  On the other hand - Natalee enjoys the kids in her present class, she is receiving an education in Spanish and they have a great outdoor garden education program, however there is not much of a school/home community - no social activities for the kids and very minimal information going home about what is going on in the classroom.  So in my heart of hearts I know Peeler is the right place, I just don't have the heart to tell her yet that she will be moving to a new school AGAIN.

No comments: