We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Love Languages

A few years ago my brother suggested I read a book called the The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I thought it was fantastic and it explained a lot to me about myself and my family. Why certain things seemed so important to them and it wasn't that important to me. And why I felt I wasn't loved.  I just love those aha moments. About the same time my brother sent me a book call The Five Love Languages of Teenagers, because Michelle my niece was coming to live with us.  I found that book very useful even though at this time my niece is still not talking to me. But I am hopeful in time she will again. Hope is eternal as my mother always said. So at any rate - I am bringing this up because recently a momma bulletin board I post on has started to discuss this book again and posted the quiz.  Both Dave and I took the quiz, and we both have the same love languages, what are the odds of that? It also makes me think what how do our love languages develop? Are we born with them, is it nurtured, or is because of something that happened in our lives when we were young, something that we craved more of? Maybe I need to go back and read that book again.

No comments: