Sunday, March 14, 2010
Joy's of a travel widow
So I have been a travel widow for about 17 years. It always seems like something or another happens when Dave goes out of town. Like one year I was shaving my legs in the shower, I put my foot up on the wall only to have it go through. It was are only shower. I had to do the repair job. There have been more but I can't remember. Well enter children now, and traveling husband. Daughter must have decided to put about a half of roll down the toilet. Now we have clogged toilet. Well clogged toilets are easy to fix - right? I've fixed plenty in my life time. NOT tonight. I plugged and plugged. I got a coat hanger out, I looked for the snake. I was frustrated and sad. I just didn't want to deal with this and the sopping wet floor. I had to turn off the water to the tank. I called a few neighbors but no one was home. I finally found my "knight in shining armor" a friends husband. They had been out of town this weekend so he was debating going out to meet friends for a drink or not. He wasn't but since I needed helped. Because after 45 minutes of plunging I wasn't getting anywhere. He came. He successfully unclogged my toilet. I was so happy I could have kissed him. Yes we have another toilet but I just didn't have time tomorrow to deal with a clogged toilet. I had to drive down to the farm tomorrow - that is a 3 hour ordeal if I am lucky, more likely a 4 hour ordeal. I offered to buy him a beer but he declined. Think I'll go out an get a six pack for him. Thanks Paul H.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment