We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Calendar Countdown

So I finally took the plug. I know several other momma's that do an advent calendar or calendar countdown activity. I made 32 envelope's with different activities to do throughout the month. Today's activity was play Christmas and dance to it. She like dancing to the music once we got started. However when we opened the envelope she wasn't excited. But I think as the month progresses she will. We are also doing a chocolate advent calendar that I picked up at Trader Joe's.


Here are the envelope's

Here are the activitie's for the most part what we are going to do. Somedays are open because we have tentative travel plans.


Dec 1 - Dance and Sing to Christmas Music
Dec 2 - Make Crystal Snowflakes
Dec 3 - Write a letter to Santa
Dec 4 - Learn about Sinterklaas and leave your shoes out for treats
Dec 5 - Decorate the house for Christmas
Dec 6 - Take Polar Express Train
Dec 7 - Bake Cookies
Dec 8 - Make Paper Snowflakes and Decorate Window's
Dec 9 - TBD
Dec 10 - Buy a toy and take to toy donation spot
Dec 11 - 1st night of Hanukkah - Let's learn about it
Dec 12 - Go to Pentitary Glen for Snowdrop's Adventure Game
Dec 13 - Pick out a Christmas Tree
Dec 14 - Take Cookies to the Neighbors
Dec 15 - TBD
Dec 16 - Make Color Ice Blocks
Dec 17 - Do a Puzzle Together
Dec 18 - Let's Go Ice Skating
Dec 19 - Go see Mr. Fantastic Fox
Dec 20 - Visit the Christmas Story House
Dec 21 - Winter Soltice - Let's Learn about it
Dec 22 - Make Mulled Apple Cider Together
Dec 23 - Make and Hang Edible Gifts for the birds and squirrels
Dec 24 - TBD
Dec 25 - TBD
Dec 26 - Write Thank You letters
Dec 27 - Paint everyone's toenails - that includes Daddy's
Dec 28 - Visit the Great Lake's Science Museum
Dec 29 - Visit the Natural History Museum
Dec 30 - Make Dragon Eggs
Dec 31 -Noon Year's Eve at the Zoo, and make plans for next year



1 comment:

Allison said...

overachiever. lol. just kidding. Sounds like a great list. I think I am going to do this next year when both kids can participate a bit more.