I have basically been MIA, because I flew down to Florida to help my father and brother sort threw my parents belongings, mainly my mother's. So for about 3 solid days we sorted, processed and packed items to be donated. Then the remainder of the time we looked threw the memories that my mother had saved, cards, pictures, letters from when we were children, a stuffed kitty cat of hers and more. It made us smile, laugh and cry. As hard as it was, it gave me time to feel close to my mother again. I still miss her horribly. And I am sure it will be like that for a long long time. I am glad that I have heard from other friends who were close to their mother that it is hard. That you do feel lost, and like you are drifting.
Also I seem to be coming into the time of year of anniversaries; tomorrow it will be 4 years ago that my sister passed away. Next week will be my first Thanksgiving without my mother. Yes I have spent many many Thanksgivings away from my mother but never one where I didn't wish her a Happy Thanksgiving, where I couldn't call her up and chat about what they had for dinner or plan to have. Shortly after Thanksgiving is my mother's birthday - she would have been 80. And man, I know she would have been one spunky 80 year old lady. Still dressing smart and on top of things. So December will also be hard.

1 comment:
Mary, your mom would have been just as you described turning 80. wow. I am so sorry that she is not here. It just is not fair in any way. Over this year I have often thought about why she had to die then? I mean, sure people must die but why was that her time? I do not have an answer of course but I continue to learn from your mother in what little I knew of her personally and from what you have shared about her...so I can only think that that is in part the why.
I am so sorry you are entering the time of anniversaries. That cannot be easy at all. I am sending peace your way. love you friend.
Post a Comment