Friday, July 10, 2009
Bronco destroys
So Bronco has done it again. I choose not to crate him based on discussions of his behavior at his last foster home. I had left him for brief periods of time this past week for up to 2 hours. Today I left him twice, once for hour and 15 minutes while my dad, Nat and I went to the pool to check out her swim class she'll be starting next week. I picked him up for his vet appointment and the house seemed fine. We came back home for a while. Then Nat and I went to the library and left my dad behind for a nap or rest. I had the front drapes closed and the cell shade drawn. I think this is when Bronco did his destruction. My dad went out for his jacket on the chair in the front yard. So now Bronco was left alone with the only party he knew in the house out in front. I think that is when he went nuts and tore the very expensive cell shade my folks purchase for our living room shortly after we moved here. I'm half mad at myself and half mad at Bronco. I shouldn't have drawn the front drapes and shade, I did because it was a hot day and I didn't want to use the A/C. So as for Bronco's future . . . . . . I'm not sure. I know Nat will be crushed if we don't keep him. But he is a velcro dog and we have a life. I'm not gone for long periods but I do need to be gone for errands. So for right now he is on a calming medication, but it will take a week for it to show any effect. Please send us energy for clear thoughts in this decision making process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment