We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Parade the Circle

I heard about this last year but couldn't go because it was the day we were celebrating Natalee's birthday. This year we had her birthday party the week before, so we could attend. This parade goes around the University Circle, which is part Case Western Reserve, Cleveland Botanical Gardens, Natural History Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art, and more that I can't remember. The actual circle was at one point the turn around for the old tram route.
The festive parade around runs around Wade Oval, with the citizens marching in their fanciful, hand-made costumes. Other features include dozens of hands-on activities, a live concert stage, and roving street performers.
Natalee enjoyed the very very tall puppets - some of them 9 feet or more. Plus all the crafts they had - make a pinwheel, medallion for the year of the ox, hats, and more. Plus alot of tasty food.

These are just a few of the puppets. I have some video which I will upload later this week, which will give you another view of the parade.




No comments: