We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today was a wonderful day. I woke up early and well rested. No one else was up yet. So I got the paper - read it in the guest room. Which was unusual for me. I think I did that because unconsciously I wanted to be near my mother. That was her room while my folks stayed with us. After reading the paper we went out to breakfast at a great new restaurant in Lakewood - 56W. I had the Sweet Treat which was french toast made out of challah bread that was covered with caramelized walnuts. (funny thing I noticed while eating it was this would have been my mother's choice of entree for breakfast) Dave had a great frittata with arugula, roasted tomato's, pancetta and floratine cheese with hash browns. We both had the 56 sausage patties they were spicy and sweet at the same time. Quite tasty. Nat had pancakes. We all left happy and satisfied. However I still wanted my coffee treat so off to the Phoenix for a perfect latte.

Oh lest I forget I got to wonderful gifts for Mother's day. A new pair of pruning shears and a wonderful bracelet made my by girl. Will post a picture of it later.

No comments: