Yesterday was an action packed day. I had a ton of appointments scheduled and unscheduled. After running my appointments -- we met some friends at the local playground - Nat wasn't too keen on playing with the kid's her usual compliant - but we finally got her to go up the big big hill with some buddies. She loves running the hill. Well today wasn't her day. She went up the hill with PJ then decided to run down the hill in her rain boots. I was talking to another mom while this was going on - go figure. Next thing I know the other mom said Natalee's hurt. I'm like what - oh she is crying I figured it was really nothing. But I ran down the hill. I got there and Nat said I broke my hand - I was like I don't think so I turned her around and WOW - she was right - well it wasn't her hand but her fore arm. There was a big bend in it where a bend shouldn't be. I must say everyone around was most helpful - with offering to makes calls etc. I finally - in moment's decided to scoop her up and take her to the car -- all the while figuring where exactly I was going to take her. She has a pediatric orthopedic surgeon from when she broke her leg at 14 months old. So I figure go with the clinic. But my girlfriend said that was too far - so I finally broke down and took her to the hospital next door. A University associated Hospital. I brought her into the ER and with in moments they had her registered and before I knew it we were back in trauma room surround by medical personnel. Nat wouldn't have anything to do with the female nurses - she like the big burly male nurse. (lol) It took four adults and a back board to get a split on her arm and get an IV set up for medication. At one point we had about 10 medical people in there. It was getting a bit overwhelming for her. They finally shewed everyone but essential people out. And she calm down -- also she properly was a bit high on drugs because they gave her morphine for the pain. They determined after x-rays that she broke both the radius and ulna. She needed surgery to fix it. They did that last night - broke one of the bones all the through to set and the other was more easily able to set. She wasn't a happy camper and presently isn't the happiest camper but as time goes on I am sure she'll feel better. The cast will be on for 6 weeks - with one week doctor visits. So think happy healing thoughts. Also the good news is - the arm she broke isn't her drawing arm. Thank goodness for small favors.
P.S. I also have some great video's of drawings she made us do while in the ER that I will post later.

No comments:
Post a Comment