So now Natalee has been in therapy a month and we are learning so much. We have been paying attention to many of Nat's shall we say quirks and noting them. We have noticed she is afraid of loud noises, like the vacuum cleaner - she'll run upstairs till I'm done, the blender - she'll hide under a blanket, fireworks - wow that is big one on her list. Then she hates the sun, a ton, she complains about it constantly as we drive around -- she doesn't want to wear her sunglasses - maybe I need to find better ones not sure on that one. She wants to close the curtains when the sun comes in at home - which kills me since I am dying for sunshine after a dark, dreary winter, -- also baths, she takes a barely luke warm bath - one in which I would be freezing if I took it. On the positive side at least she isn't bothered by clothing - that I know of - but now that I am thinking of it she does enjoy running around naked so maybe. Need to investigate that one.
The therapist gave us a pamphlet to help us - help her more effectively so we are on a learning curve too. Hopefully we'll start getting a road map planned soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment