Well my mom is still in "jail" as one of her doc's calls it. She did really great a few days ago - was off oxygen and got 98% O2 rate after a long walk but the past few days she has been having trouble breathing in the early morning hours - she starts to get panicing then. So today she passed a test for getting home O2 - not sure if that is a test one wants to pass, but at least it will help her shortness of breath. We are hoping she get's out on Saturday since she has one more day of antibiotics to finish. So keep your fingers, toes crossed, say whatever prayers you like, rosaries, etc. She could use the uplifting energy and support. Let's hope that the heart catheterization or cardio-version does the trick and she wouldn't the O2.
On the other side - Nat is getting a real education into the medical world. She is always interested in what the nurses to doing to or for grammy. She is right over there as soon as they come in - even if she is watching video on the other side of the room. She starts to get loud and I remind her it's a hospital and she says be quiet people are sleeping. She is so cute - but man - wonder what effect this experience will have on her later in life. She is such a treasure for all of us during this trying time.
Thanks to all my friends who have support me with hugs, time, baby-sitting on the fly - I couldn't have done this without you all.
I have pictures from a hike today and from our vacation - seriously I will post them when I find a free moment. Off to finish our dinner of black bean sweet potato soup

No comments:
Post a Comment