We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Cake

Okay today has been a day of all sorts of things. It's also the day before Natalee's 3rd birthday. I can't believe it. Where has the time gone. All day today I've been thinking about what was going on 3 years ago today - being in labor at Memorial Hospital in South Bend. Being in the birthing tube, laying on the birth ball, doing squats, moaning like a beached whale - according to Dave. Making little progress. Then agreeing to have pitocin to help bring her along only to have to make a decision to have her born by c-section. At this point - I am happy that she is hear - bringing us many laughs and much joy.

Today we were talking about how tomorrow is her birthday - asking how she is going to be - first response was 2 - we said no you're going to be 3 - to which she responded "4" !!! hahahaha. It was hilarious. We couldn't convince her that she is going to be 3. So for now she thinks she is going to be 4. :)

On another front - I planted mint down near the creek. I have been missing my mint since we moved here. So after I planted the mint - I went to water it with the watering can. It was strange - the water didn't come out the spigot of the can but from the larger hole where you fill it up. The water smelled funky but not horrible. So on the way back to the house I unscrew the sprinkler part only to see a dead mouse in the spigot - I scream mainly because I was startled - I really didn't expect to see a dead mouse. I was thinking it was leaves and gunk. So Natalee found out that I had a mouse in the watering can - "I see mouse....I see mouse....."she comes running up to touch the mouse - eeewwww - I scream NO. It's yucky. I couldn't get the mouse out. So I gave the can to Dave to finish the task. ugh!!!

So this evening I finished up Nat's birthday cake - frosted it and put on the train stencil - she is going to be so happy. It's a mixed up theme of trains and Dora. But she'll love it. We are also going to the Zoo tomorrow. She can't wait to ... "see animals".

Here's a picture of her cake.

No comments: