We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

gripes and such

why do people always ask if your child is an only child when acting up. It drives me crazy. I know several moms that have children - that act up. Their kid's aren't only. It also makes me very sad - like I have failed my child as a mother because she is acting up and she is an only child. I really wish people would think before opening their mouths and saying senseless stuff. Just cause my child who is almost 3 - if having a case of the shy's and being a bit scare about new stuff now. Isn't because she is an ONLY child. It is just something that is happening in her life. Ugh!!!!! Sorry to rant but it really bothers me - and it also has a tendency to make me cry - which I should let it but it does. I can compare this feeling to when we were trying so hard to have children and people keep asking - "when are you going to have children?" or "How long are you going to wait to have kids?" or something along those lines. Are we that callus that we don't really care how it might make someone else feel??

I best quit ranting it's not going to change anything.

4 comments:

Allison said...

mary i am so so sorry. that os pure ridiculousness.....love you and your crazy only ;)

The Stewart's said...

thanks hon

AdrakeO said...

Mary, thank you for posting about this-not that I ever make assumptions about "only child" due to behavior. Afterall, you have seen Nadine at her best and her worst! (but of course that would be because I nursed her until she was three & NOT because she is three!)
I know I am not the best at always censoring myself, but posts like yours help me to put on a better filter. blessings, Heather

The Stewart's said...

Heather - thanks that's sweet. I didn't know you weaned - YEAH!!!! Congrat's ~ And I hope you did't think it was you I was refering to - it was the woman who works at LG.

Hey all our children wether they are only or not - have the good days and bad days. Just wish other folks would get it. :o)