We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Never rains but it pours.....

February has been an interesting month for us. With sickness, travel and then my body deciding it needed more adventure - I became ill with pancreatitis and was hospitalized this past week - while Dave was in China of all places. I am really thankful that I have made such wonderful friends here since our move 18 months ago. A good friend stepped up to the plate and hosted Natalee for a few days till Dave got home. Another took care of our cats, took in the mail and picked up the house a bit. Then another friend gave me a ride home from the hospital and even let me borrow a coat since my winter coat was left at the doctors office - because I was transported from there to the hospital - without my coat. I am lucky they remembered my purse.

It was a very painful experience - one I do not want to repeat. Thank goodness for pain med's and anti-nausea medications. Don't think I would have done so well without them. Although they did starve me for several days - since the treatment for pancreatitis is to rest the bowels with no food or water. Talk about being thirsty. Then they let me have a clear liquid diet - mmm mmm good, so filling and tasty - yeah right - hehehe.

So keep your fingers crossed that I don't have another repeat episode and that this was a one off thing. Since I don't have any of contributing factors that cause pancreatitis. So here's to it being just something strange.

And now - we were suppose to go see the Chieftains tonight for Dave's birthday - Nat has developed some stomach bug - so we cancelled the sitter and will be staying in tonight. I just hope we find someone who would like to use our tickets.

No comments: