We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, February 18, 2008

If you've been wondering why I've been MIA for the past week - we got struck by the stomach - mainly Dave and I. From what we have heard - kids don't get hit with this flu - lucky them and probably luckily the parents.

Last weekend Dave and I - saw the movie Juno - wow that was great. What a wonderful written and acted movie - we both can see why it's up for a several nominations. Then on Sunday night I went with a few friends to see the movie The Business of Being Born - which is basically part of a grass roots movement regarding the current state of maternity care. Did you know that 1 in 3 births end up as a c-section. That is horrible - major surgery to have a child. The complications that can result from that c-section are tremendous. And now that VBAC's are really not an option because of present mal-practice insurance. ugh!! I could go on but I wouldn't right now.

Natalee has been alot of fun lately. Her words are just exploding out of her mouth. She is picking up new words constantly.

Today we went to the Lake Erin Nature and Science Center. The place was rocking since it was presidents day and all. They were having a special exhibit, snakes: you get to color snakes, make finger snake puppets, snake mobile etc. Plus - you get to see and touch 2 snakes. Natalee wasn't sure for the first one - but the second snake she ran back up to the circle sat down and touched a snake. She was so excited. She touched both the belly and back of the snake. What an experience. Then they read a story about a snake and a lizard. She was in 7th heaven. I am really thinking Nature Nuts is the program for her next year instead of traditional preschool. Now I just need to check out the membership fee and what the registration times are.

That's it for now. Dave leaves tomorrow for China. Then we leave for NY - it'll be a busy week.

No comments: