We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, December 01, 2007

sad wonderings.......

I've been debating back and forth on whether to reveal what we have been up to recently. Especially since this has been a difficult week. I am beginning to come to the conclusion that I should come forward. Because if I am moody and rude people will wonder.

See we had 1 frozen embryo left. We decided to go for it because we both want more children and I put this imaginary cut off point down - no kids after 45 which I still somewhat feel is valid. So we did the prep work for a frozen embryo transfer, which in hind sight not sure if I should have waited or not but that's another story. When they took her out of storage - she thawed well, REALLY well, and grew one cell, she had a rating of +4 which is EXCELLENT!! So we were excited - because embryo's don't always do well in freezing but if they thaw well that is good. We did the 2 week plus wait since we were traveling for the holidays and waited till we got back. I took the pregnancy test which is part of the protocol - it's a blood test. And sadly - we were not successful. This has been difficult for both of us. And as our life goes Dave left on a trip a day later. So here I am with a beautiful wonderful child who I adore and am still sad because it is beginning to look like she is our only. But at the same time and I feel really blessed to have her since it took over 10 years to be successful for just her, this is a strange place to be in.

No comments: