We are hoping to expand our family through adoption.

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Grieving Seminar


So some of you may know and some may not - my sister died almost 2 years ago from cancer - and since that point in time - Dave lost his job, we moved to Ohio set up house, settle, my niece came a lived with us for about 5/6 months, then we started a major construction project, and my folks came for the summer - and my mom got the Cleveland Clinic experience so I never really had time to grieve my sister's death. Well this past Tuesday the Hospice of the Western Reserve offered an Art Therapy session and I decided to participate. Hence the picture. It was a wonderful experience and I'll probably participate in another shortly.

I choose the color pink because it was my sister's favorite and her flowers on her casket were pink. The blue - just because she looked good in it. We could also write prayers or messages on the ribbons - I choose to write messages and memories of Cathy.

So long my sweet sister, until we meet again.

Cathy and Natalee - when Natalee was almost 2 months old. July 2005

2 comments:

Shutterbug said...

I love you honey!!!

Allison said...

Wow Mary, thanks for sharing that. I LOVE that picture of your sister with Natalee. It is sooooo amazing because Nat is so small!! and your sis really looks like your mom, did she really?

I'm glad life "appears" to be settling down...I really hope it does for both of you.